TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Prices & Quotes
- All prices shared are per person and based on twin sharing (unless otherwise indicated) and are quoted in Indian National Rupee (INR). Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Expect moderate to high increases for high season and holiday periods.
- All rates are for a particular combination of hotel and vehicle mentioned in the tour details. You may choose any combination of hotel (see our hotel options list), meal plan, vehicle or may want to include/exclude Shikara boat ride or Gondola ride in Gulmarg. However, this will require a customized quote from our end. Please feel free to get a custom quote.
- If a hotel included in a program is not available at the time of the reservation, we will substitute it for a hotel of similar category and will try to avoid any change in price. However, prices may vary.
- All rooms provided in the tour are for Standard category. Room upgrades are available at most hotels. Please inquire at the time of reservation.
- Most programs can be customized. All itineraries are subject to change without notice. To receive an estimate, please contact us at +91 849 403 0691 or send an email to us at email@example.com/grtravel.
- GR Travel – Handcrafted Journeys is pleased to send you a complimentary quote. We are happy to accommodate any changes and additional planning you would like as we want your vacation experience to be “extraordinary” and “handcrafted”. We ask our clients to recognize excessive planning can take significant time and as such we reserve the right to charge for additional amendments to the booking after the first quote is issued.
- Deposits must be received at time of booking. You are requested to pay a minimum of 50% as advance deposit enabling us to confirm your FIT or GIT bookings within 48 hours after confirming a Tour.
- Final payment must be received in our offices at least 15 days prior to tour departure. Bookings may be cancelled if deposit or final payment is not received by due dates.
- Please note that E-Documents are becoming commonplace. We will be sending E-Documents unless a request for Paper Documents is made.
Participants for a tour
- A minimum number of participants is required to operate all programs. Guaranteed departures are based on meeting the minimum required number of participants, but can change subject to cancellations that result in the 1tour falling below the minimum participant level.
- All other programs are based on the participation of at least 2 travelers (unless specified as otherwise in the tour description).
- Single traveler departures can be arranged at the discretion of GR Travel – Handcrafted Journeys if available.
Regardless of reason, cancellations are costly. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply. If you cancel, non-recoverable expenses of our suppliers will be charged, plus the following charges:
The following will be charged on cancellation of a tour
- Cancelled before 30 days & more 0 % of total cost
- Cancelled between 15 – 29 days 50% of total cost
- Cancelled between 14 days or less & no show 100 % of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday:
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather); we shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced. If we don’t offer alternative dates, we will refund all avoidable/ refundable charges.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees. Other unavoidable charges such as hotel accommodations, cab bookings, Gondola bookings, Air tickets, train tickets, etc will be refunded as per the policy mentioned above.
If you want to change your holiday plan:
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
- Airport transfers by non A/C Vehicle, (can be upgraded to AC at additional costs), transportation for all full day excursions when specified in the tour
- All Toll
- All hotel transfers to Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Srinagar, etc. when specified in the tour
- Shikara ride once during the stay
- Local sightseeing in Srinagar
- All applicable taxes
- Personal expenses such as passport, visas, room service, phone calls, laundry, beverages and optional activities.
- Tipping and luggage handling, entrance fees for gardens, local guide
- Cable Car/Gondola in Gulmarg, visit to Thajwas Glacier/Balthal in Sonmarg & Visit to Aru/Chandanwari/Betaab Valley/Baisaran Valley in Pahalgam
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
Limits on GR’s Responsibility
GR Travel – Handcrafted Journeys is based in Srinagar, J&K. It purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. GR cannot therefore be liable for death, personal injury or any other loss that may occur (1) due to any act or omission of any such supplier, or (2) by any reason of any other event over which it has no control. In the event of flood, drought, inclement weather or Earthquake, a comparable program will be substituted if possible. The above mentioned terms and conditions only briefly describe the terms and conditions applicable to GR Tours.
To Make It All Clear :
- We request our clients to strictly follow the time for all the sightseeing tours and transfers as per the program.
- . Local sightseeing in Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Yusmarg, Aharbal, Dodhpather & Pahalgam is not included. In certain sensitive areas the vehicles are not allowed to stop or wait. We request you not to force the driver to stop the vehicle at such places, against his advice.
- J&K Tourism department has started to close one garden on different days of the week for maintenance. Hence on the day of Mughal Garden tour if one of the Mughal Gardens is closed, you will be taken to the Botanical gardens instead.
- We as your ground operators reserve the right to make changes to the tour program, without any prior information, but without compromising the services. There are certain aspects of the tour which we do not have any control. Hence we are making you aware of such areas. One such aspect is shopping. Lots of sellers will come to the hotels & houseboats to sell their goods. We take no responsibility whatsoever for the rates and quality. Second such aspect is pony rides in Sonmarg, Gulmarg, Yusmarg & Pahalgam. We take no responsibility for services and charges for pony riding . Though for tourists’ convenience the Union rates are displayed at most of the places. Third aspect is power cuts. These are regular and sometimes for long durations. Hotels & houseboats have generator back-up but in some places, it may be only up to 11 p.m. at night after which the generators are switched off due to noise disturbance. The clients are provided with candles.
- Transfers by Shikara boat from Shikara ghat/station to houseboat and back are provided free of cost, However occasionally during the season you may have to wait for 5-10 minutes for the Shikara boat to come and pick you up as each houseboat has one attached Shikara.
Jurisdiction for any disputes arising from and related to the services provided by GR Travel – handcrafted journeys shall be Jammu & Kashmir to the exclusion of all other courts. Disputes shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of Jammu & Kashmir as applicable.